Bobble and Beau available for adoption as of 12/15/2010
Before you commit to adoption:
- When choosing a pet, please consider the life span of the animal in question; dogs and cats live between 10 and 18 years, making them a long-term commitment
- Pets require training, regular health checks, and yearly vaccinations
- There is a continual financial commitment associated with pet ownership; hidden costs are associated with the purchase of food, leashes, collars, litters, toys and licenses
- Some pets in shelters have troubled pasts. Please be aware that they may initially exhibit negative behaviors such as biting, chewing and scratching – most behaviors can be corrected by proper training
- Proper care is needed for an animal to lead a happy life.
For more information on how to select a pet that fits your family and lifestyle, go to growingupwithpets.com
Save the Animals
Here at Columbia Animal Hospital we started a program called Save The Animals. We have pets up for adoption from time to time. All available pets can be veiwed at Petfinder.com or you may stop by our office to see them in person. Adoption fees do apply and go towards our future rescue efforts.
Humane League of Lancaster County
Domestic Companion Animal Shelter
2195 Lincoln Highway East
Lancaster, PA 17602
Phone: (717) 393-6551
Fax: (717) 295-1391
SPCA of York County
A New Leash on Life
66 Big Mount Rd.
Thomasville, PA 17364
Phone: (717) 225-5532
Fax: (717) 225-4728
Petfinder is an online, searchable database of animals that need homes. It is also a directory of over 7,000 animal shelters and adoption organizations across the USA, Canada, and Mexico.
The AKC’s objective is to advance the study, breeding, exhibiting, running and maintenance of purebred dogs. Visit their website to find purebred Shelters and Rescues.